Established in 2011, AEDS is active in the co-creation of solutions to Africa’s challenges through policy research and capacity building of economic units in Africa.
To be the leading economic development implementing partner in Africa by 2025.
To connect African communities to global opportunities in a wealth enhancing way. To set the standard for collaboration, quality and impact in economic development in Africa. To make markets work for the poor by designing and implementing evidence based economic strategies.
- Integrity: We act in the best interest of our clients, shareholders and communities served.
- Purpose-driven: Our work is not just a job, it’s our purpose. We deeply care about economic transformation of poor and marginalised people and commit to serving clients in a way that realises transformation.
- Service: We commit to delivering responsive, quality service that helps our clients achieve their goals in a timely manner.
- Respect: We treat every client, every partner and every team member with respect regardless of gender, race, title or socioeconomic status.
- Impact: We commit to delivering our services in a manner that makes the most positive economic impact in the communities we serve.
AEDS work with governments, private sector, non-governmental organizations, the civil society and communities in various areas of economic development. Using a co-creative approach, we work hands on in areas of policy research, advocacy capacity building and development planning.
With a firm belief that the policy environment creates a framework to spur Africa’s growth and prosperity, AEDS works to fill the fundamental void in economic policy research, policy analysis and capacity building for effective in-country contributions to Africa’s policy and development processes.